Business Analyst, Data & Integrations
Portside is a subscription platform for business aviation. We enable the sharing of business aircraft data, reporting and analytics among aircraft management companies, individual aircraft owners, corporate flight departments, and others in a global community of 100,000+ private aircraft. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, our platform is currently used by owners and operators of 2000+ business jets in over 25 countries. The team is fully distributed, with a product and engineering organization based in Ukraine.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will own the roadmap, manage development requirements, and address customer requests related to one of the core areas of our platform: third-party integrations, data schema and reporting.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing integrations with business-aviation specific accounting, scheduling, maintenance tracking and expense management systems, including API, email, web scraping and direct database connections
- Researching, documenting, and creating development tasks for third-party integrations, including legacy software systems without modern well-documented APIs
- Setting up and maintaining customer-specific import configurations
- Testing and monitoring third-party integrations, using a host of internal tools, Postman (API testing), and Sentry/Kibana (logs)
- Responding to customer requests related to data and integration issues, converting customer requests into functional documentation for the development team
- Working closely with a reporting analyst on maintaining and expanding reporting database tables
The right person:
- Is highly analytical and enjoys working with and understanding data flows, data schemas, and data transformation
- Understands REST API principles, can read API documentation and JSONs; is comfortable reviewing API responses for missing information, logical errors, etc.
- Has upper-intermediate or better English level, sufficient to create and maintain documentation, write user stories and communicate with customers and integration partners
- Has experience working with Postman, JIRA, Confluence or similar tools
- Has excellent attention to detail and strong communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
Not required, but would be a plus:
- SQL knowledge
- Prior experience working on complex B2B/enterprise/SaaS software
- Interest in aviation and acquiring domain-specific knowledge and skills
What we offer:
- competitive compensation
- ability to work remotely anywhere in the European time zone
- flexible schedule and no corporate bureaucracy (but must be available for meetings & phone calls until 22:00 Kiev time 3 days a week).
- holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days
- professional growth opportunities