Help build technology that powers business aviation!
Portside is a venture capital backed company headquartered in San Francisco. We provide modern operational and financial software for the global business aviation industry, currently used by operators of 2,000+ business and government aircraft in 25+ countries.
- We help aircraft operators:
- aggregate aircraft data from multiple systems in a single data warehouse and deploy both out-of-the box and custom reporting and analytics for internal use and distribution to aircraft owners
- automate common business processes such as, for example, flight scheduling and generating aircraft owner billing statements (invoices)
- optimize aircraft and crew schedule, etc.
- We help aircraft owners:
- gain access to their aircraft’s data, e.g., plane and crew schedules, financials, upcoming maintenance, subscriptions, budgets, and documents
- perform self-service, e.g., by requesting flights and approving charter requests
- Unique opportunity
- In 2021, in addition to our core platform, we are working in partnership with some of the leading private jet operators in the world on several new strategic initiatives
- You will get to work on significant new modules, systems and functionality in a product company, with short development cycles and immediate customer impact
- Help us grow into the leading financial & analytics platform for business aviation
- We are both well-funded and profitable
- Led by a seasoned executive team. Harvard Business School and Berkeley graduates. Founded a Y Combinator company before (GetGoing, acquired in 2016). Grew a business to $1B in annual sales. Developed one of Time Magazine’s “50 Best Websites”.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us solve a number of devops challenges, including multi-region and multi-cloud deployment architecture, enhancing and simplifying our deployment processes, and working with third-party vendors on security-related projects. Our current infrastructure stack includes:
- Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Github Actions
- Prometheus, Grafana, Pagerduty
- Traefik ingress
- Postgres RDS, Elasticsearch, Vector, Kibana, etc.
- Must be able to independently take ownership of complex problems and deliver results; for example, you will start by performing a complete audit of our infrastructure, identifying deficiencies and proposing and implementing improvements
- Excellent communication skills -- this role is a key partner for our engineering team, customers and third-party vendors; strong English is required
- In-depth familiarity with the tools and technologies that we are using (see our tech stack above)
What we offer
- a Silicon Valley based product company with a friendly and professional team
- growing customer base; profitable and well-funded
- competitive compensation
- challenging tasks coupled with an (almost) complete freedom to make decisions and take action
- ability to work remotely in any European time zone
- no corporate bureaucracy
- if full-time: holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days
- if full-time: participation in the company’s stock option plan