Portside (portside.co) is a subscription platform for business aviation. We enable the sharing of business aircraft data, reporting and analytics among aircraft management companies, individual aircraft owners, corporate flight departments, and others in a global community of 100,000+ private aircraft. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, our platform is currently used by owners and operators of 2000+ business jets in over 25 countries. The team is fully distributed, with a product and engineering organization based in Ukraine.
We are looking for a product manager to help us develop strategic new software modules and critical customer-requested enhancements. Our product and engineering team is currently ~20 strong (and growing). We use a modern technology stack, including:
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Back-end: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Devops: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Monitoring: Kibana, Sentry, LogRocket, Pagerduty, Prometheus, Grafana
- Custom reporting: Jaspersoft Studio
- Communication & design: JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Figma
What you will do
- Establish strong professional relationships with co-founders, product team, customers, designers and engineers to collaboratively build and then own significant parts of our growing product portfolio
- Connect technical and business worlds
- Break down complex problems into manageable parts ready for development
- Understand customer pain points and own and oversee development through the entire life cycle of designing, prototyping, developing, testing, shipping & supporting a solution
Who you are
- You are very analytical. You come from a background where you worked with data, e.g., data analyst, data engineer, financial analyst, product manager or business analyst for complex B2B / SaaS / financial applications.
- You like to tinker with data. You can read API specs and know how to use Postman/Insomnia or similar tools to quickly evaluate API data structure and capabilities.
- You are great with writing specs and technical documentation.
- You are an excellent communicator, and can explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- Last but not least, you are self-driven, well organized, curious, and tenacious. You ask a lot of questions, dig deep, and come up with creative solutions. You execute reliably and with a great sense of ownership and accountability.
- Interest in or passion for aviation are a big plus!
What we offer:
- competitive compensation
- ability to work remotely anywhere in the European time zone
- flexible schedule and no corporate bureaucracy
- holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days
- professional growth opportunities