We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team and help us scale the business. The position is fully remote (anywhere in the European time zone). We have multiple products in various stages of development and deployment (from planning to actively used in production) and are looking to expand our DevOps team to support the full cycle of DevOps.
At Portside (portside.aero), we are developing a modern, cloud-based operating system for business aviation: a set of integrated solutions addressing major industry pain points. Our platform supports over 150 operators of business jet, helicopter, medevac and government fleets, as well as fractional jet ownership programs, charter brokers and others in the business aviation industry. We are based in San Francisco with a fully remote team spread across the US, Europe and Asia. Our founding team comes from Y Combinator, Harvard, Berkeley, Bain & Co. and has prior experience building successful companies. We are profitable, fast growing, well financed and are on a mission to digitize the business aviation industry.
- AWS: IAM, EKS, RDS, SSM, S3, CloudFront
- Github Actions
- ElasticSearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana
- You will serve as the main point of contact for product and engineering and help developers with design and deployment of new services.
- Support multiple production and dev systems, CI/CD pipelines.
- Drive continuous security improvements, monitor and resolve alerts.
- Create and improve monitoring and logging configuration; define policy and best practices.
- Define best CI/CD practices and apply to all projects.
- Perform periodic AWS resource and cost audit.
- Help address complex DevOps scenarios, such as multi-region and multi-cloud deployments, working with third-party vendors on security certifications, managing security audits and penetration testing, finding cost optimization opportunities, etc.
- 2+ years of DevOps experience with a substantial overlap with our technology stack.
- Must be able to independently take ownership of complex problems and deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills: this role is a key partner for our engineering team, customers and third-party vendors..
- Intermediate level of English or higher.
- Interest in improving data security through monitoring, regular vulnerability and penetration scanning, and system hardening.
- Located in Europe
- Rapidly growing product company with a globally diversified and stable customer base
- Fully remote position; work anywhere in the European time zone
- Competitive compensation in the top 25% for any given market
- Stock option plan participation, with vesting that begins on day one
- 2 team events per year organized by the company
- 20 paid vacation days + sick days + all official holidays in your location
- Company laptop
- English class reimbursement
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.