Sr. QA Engineer
Portside is a subscription platform for business aviation. We enable the sharing of business aircraft data, reporting and analytics among aircraft management companies, individual aircraft owners, corporate flight departments, and others in a global community of 100,000+ private aircraft. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, our platform is currently used by owners and operators of 2000+ business jets in over 25 countries. The team is fully distributed, with a product and engineering organization based in Ukraine.
We are looking for a Sr. QA Engineer to help us develop and implement an end-to-end testing and release process. You will be responsible for building and managing a small QA team, implementing QA processes and best practices, and performing the full scope of testing activities in preparation for the weekly release.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining and implementing QA practices, processes and standards
- Creating and maintaining test documentation: plans, cases, checklists, and reports
- Recruiting and leading a team of several manual and automation QA engineers
- Determining the right split between automation and manual coverage, developing a plan and a backlog of automation cases and ensuring a steady increase in automation test coverage
- Designing and implementing a functional and regression testing process that leads to a release sign-off (we are currently on a weekly release cycle)
- Performing functional, regression, and usability testing in preparation for a weekly release
- Triaging incoming customer bug reports (third-level support for cases that our customer success team is unable to resolve).
- Working closely with automation QA to define automation scope and coverage
- Investigating reported software problems and identifying solutions
The right person:
- Has 5+ years of SQA experience, preferably working on complex B2B, enterprise or SaaS products, including experience with interviewing, onboarding and mentoring of QA engineers
- Is a quick learner with a strong product and business sense, capable of quickly grasping customer use cases and becoming a product and domain expert
- Has advanced spoken and written English skills to be able to communicate with customers as necessary to gather additional bug report information or troubleshoot problems
- Has experience with REST API testing, cross-browser testing, JIRA, test management tools (TestRail), logging and monitoring tools (we use Sentry, Kibana, LogRocket, and Prometheus)
- Has excellent communication skills and is able to explain complex technical subjects to non-technical team members
- Has a strong opinion on how QA should be done for a complex highly-configurable B2B software platform
- Has an interest in recruiting and managing QA engineers
- Is able to move seamlessly between high-level strategic thinking and hands-on test writing and execution
Not required, but would be a plus:
- Background / experience in automation QA
- SQL knowledge
- Prior experience working on complex B2B/enterprise/SaaS software
- Interest in aviation and acquiring domain-specific knowledge and skills
What we offer:
- competitive compensation
- ability to work remotely anywhere in the European time zone
- flexible schedule and no corporate bureaucracy (but must be available for meetings & phone calls until 22:00 Kiev time 3 days a week).
- holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days
- professional growth opportunities