UI/UX Product Designer
At Portside (portside.aero), we are developing a modern, cloud-based operating system for business aviation: a set of integrated solutions addressing major industry pain points. Our platform supports over 150 operators of business jet, helicopter, medevac and government fleets, as well as fractional jet ownership programs, charter brokers and others in the business aviation industry. We are based in San Francisco with a fully remote team spread across the US, Europe and Asia. Our founding team comes from Y Combinator, Harvard, Berkeley, Bain & Co. and has prior experience building successful companies. We are profitable, fast growing, well financed and are on a mission to digitize the business aviation industry.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Product Designer to join our team. The position is fully remote (anywhere in the European time zone).
- 5+ years of design experience, including experience with end-to-end product design.
- 3+ years of experience in UX design in one of the following roles: UI/UX designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer, Lead Designer in US/European startup or product company
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Experience with Figma, Sketch or similar tools
- Must have an online portfolio that shows product work (preferably SaaS, enterprise or complex consumer).
- Product thinking and deep understanding of UX — must be able to explain the thought process behind design decisions.
- Strong visual design skills, familiarity with modern trends, colors and typography.
- Self-motivated – we are a small team & everyone is expected to punch above their weight. Must be comfortable with ambiguity, change of direction, conflicting opinions, etc. – a “take charge, figure it out and get it done” attitude is a must.
What we offer:
- a rapidly growing product company with a globally diversified and stable customer base
- a fully remote position; work anywhere in the European or US time zone
- a modern technology stack and a friendly and professional team
- competitive compensation in the top 25% for any given market, position, experience and qualifications
- stock option plan participation, with vesting that begins on day one
- 2 team events per year organized by the company
- 20 paid vacation days + sick days + all official holidays in your location
- company laptop
- English class reimbursement
Email us at email@example.com.