What information do we collect?
We collect information from you (1) when you request a demo of the Service, (2) when you subscribe to our newsletter, (3) when you register to use the Service and, (4) during the normal course of use of the Service. At various points of contact, we may collect your name, email address, and a password. Your password is received as an encrypted file and we have no ability to access that information.
During normal use of the Service, we may collect certain additional information, if you choose to share such information with us:
- Names and email addresses of other users you would like to have access to the Service
- Aircraft you would like to manage using our Service
- Income, expenses, warranties, maintenance programs and other financial data related to your aircraft
- Flight logs, crew training, maintenance, fueling and other operational and aircraft event data related to your aircraft
- Any documents that you decide to upload into the Service
You may choose to withhold some of the above information from Portside, but this may prevent you from using or receiving certain benefits from the Service.
What do we use your information for?
Without your consent, we will not use the information about you and your use of the Service, except:
- To assist in setting up and maintaining your account.
- To provide the Service to you.
- To personalize your experience.
- To improve customer service by, for example, effectively responding to service requests and inquiries and accurately and efficiently servicing such requests.
- To send you occasional emails regarding company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. [If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.]
- For internal purposes to help us diagnose problems, monitor traffic patterns and otherwise continually improve our Service.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the Service.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems. Access to your data will be limited to only those agents at Portside who require your data in order to accomplish the uses listed above. Said agents are authorized users and are under strict requirement to keep the information confidential.
Non-Personal Information (including aggregate, technical, or demographic information) can be collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and logs as well as other automatic data collection tools such as “cookies” and other similar technologies.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is recorded either temporarily or persistently on your hard drive and that a website can use in order to recognize visitors who revisit a website so as to facilitate their ongoing access to and use of the website.
Information we may collect through cookies and other similar technologies includes your browser type, language preference, operating system, referring website (if applicable), the name and type of device, the operating system of your device, your geographic location, the date and time of each user visit or request, and the Portside service endpoints that you accessed or visited during your use of the Service.
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety.
If you access the Service, you consent to the capture, storage, transfer, use and processing of your Personal Information in and between all of those jurisdictions. The data protection and other laws in some countries and jurisdictions (such as the federal laws and some state laws in the United States) are not as comprehensive or stringent as the privacy laws in other countries and jurisdictions (such as the laws of the European Union). You agree that all transactions relating to our Service shall be deemed to have occurred in the United States.