Updated March 12, 2019
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. We get this information in a variety of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address, password, as well as other information you may provide to us directly when using the Service, such as: account (organization) name, aircraft registration, aircraft ownership details, flight log and scheduled flights data, financial transactions related to the operation of the aircraft, invoices and receipts, aircraft photos, documents that you upload to our Service or otherwise share with us, aircraft maintenance records, and crew information, including names, contacts, schedules, and documents related to crew.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. Our Service is intended for use by organizations, including aircraft management companies and corporate flight departments, which may choose to share with us information similar to the information you give us directly, as outlined in the previous paragraph. Where your access to our Service is controlled by an organization, that organization may share your information with us and it may upload, modify or delete your information.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when using the Service, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of the Service.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (Which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience when using the Service. This type of information is collected to make the Service more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Without your consent, we will not use your personal information, except:
- to operate, maintain and improve the Service;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to send you an occasional email regarding company news, upcoming events, our products and services, or to solicit your feedback;
- to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. We collect and use your information only where:
- we need it to provide you the Service, including to operate the Service, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Service;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Service and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your aircraft management company) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Service.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes, including:
- to comply with laws;
- to respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
- in an emergency, including to protect the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share personal information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating, maintaining and improving our Service, provided those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may share information with those who need it to work for us.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Your information is controlled by Portside, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
We may occasionally send you a marketing email. Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Service with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Service works for you.
For any other questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please contact us directly at email@example.com. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you may also contact our appointed European Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any written inquiries can also be directed to:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
201 Mission Street, Suite 2350
San Francisco, CA 94105