Junior Backend Engineer (Python)
We are looking for a Junior Backend (Python) Engineer to join our backend team.
At Portside (portside.aero), we are developing a modern, cloud-based operating system for business aviation: a set of integrated solutions addressing major industry pain points. Our platform supports over 150 operators of business jet, helicopter, medevac and government fleets, as well as fractional jet ownership programs, charter brokers and others in the business aviation industry. We are based in San Francisco with a fully remote team spread across the US, Europe and Asia. Our founding team comes from Y Combinator, Harvard, Berkeley, Bain & Co. and has prior experience building successful companies. We are profitable, fast growing, well financed and are on a mission to digitize the business aviation industry.
Our technology stack:
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Back-end: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Devops: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Monitoring: Kibana, Sentry, LogRocket, Pagerduty, Prometheus, Grafana
- Custom reporting: Jaspersoft Studio
- Communication & design: JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Figma
- At least 1 year of Python production development experience (using Django/Celery is a big advantage)
- Knowledge of SQL, database design, and optimization (PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of HTTP stack and REST API principles. Experience designing, building, and maintaining APIs
- Understanding of fundamental design patterns and principles
- Understanding of automated testing, CI/CD, TDD
- Rapidly growing product company with a globally diversified and stable customer base
- Fully remote position; work anywhere in the European time zone
- Competitive compensation in the top 25% for any given market
- Stock option plan participation, with vesting that begins on day one
- 2 team events per year organized by the company
- 20 paid vacation days + sick days + all official holidays in your location
- Company laptop
- English class reimbursement
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.