Middle Backend Engineer (Python)
Help build technology that powers business aviation!
Portside is a venture capital backed company headquartered in San Francisco. We provide modern operational and financial software for the global business aviation industry, currently used by operators of 2,000+ business and government aircraft in 25+ countries.
- A stable & profitable company, with several products on the market and a growing customer base
- A globally distributed team of ~30 people, with product & engineering based primarily in Ukraine
- Recently raised a round of financing to support further expansion, led by Tiger Global Management (https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/20/portside-raises-17m-for-its-business-aviation-management-platform/)
- Experienced management team. Harvard Business School and Berkeley graduates. Founded a Y Combinator company before (GetGoing, acquired in 2016), which grew to $1B in annual sales.
- Modern technology stack, including:
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Back-end: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Devops: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, GitHub Actions
- Monitoring: Kibana, Sentry, LogRocket, Pagerduty, Prometheus, Grafana
- Custom reporting: Jaspersoft Studio
- Communication & design: JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Figma
We are looking for a Middle Backend (Python) Engineer to join our backend team.
- 3+ years of Python development experience (using Django/Celery is a big advantage).
- Knowledge of SQL, database design, and optimization (PostgreSQL).
- Understanding of HTTP stack and REST API principles. Experience designing, building, and maintaining APIs.
- Understanding of fundamental design patterns and principles.
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, TDD.
- DevOps / AWS / Docker / Kubernetes / information security experience is a plus.
What we offer
- a small, friendly, professional team
- competitive compensation
- ability to work remotely in any European time zone
- no corporate bureaucracy
- holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days