Sr. Backend Engineer (Python)
Portside is a subscription platform for business aviation. We enable the sharing of business aircraft data, reporting and analytics among aircraft management companies, individual aircraft owners, corporate flight departments, and others in a global community of 100,000+ private aircraft. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, our platform is currently used by owners and operators of 2000+ business jets in over 25 countries. The team is fully distributed, with a product and engineering organization based in Ukraine.
We are looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer (Python) to join our existing small, friendly, and highly professional product & engineering team. The entire team is fully distributed / remote. You will be working on our core data & analytics platform, as well as help us drive a number of new initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of Python development experience (using Django/Celery is a big advantage).
- Knowledge of SQL, database design, and optimization (PostgreSQL).
- Understanding of HTTP stack and REST API principles. Experience designing, building, and maintaining API.
- Understanding of fundamental design patterns and principles.
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, TDD.
- DevOps / AWS / Docker / Kubernetes experience is a plus.
What we offer:
- competitive compensation
- ability to work remotely anywhere in the European time zone
- flexible schedule and no corporate bureaucracy
- holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days
- professional growth opportunities