Sr. UI/UX Designer
Portside is a subscription platform for business aviation. We enable the sharing of business aircraft data, reporting and analytics among aircraft management companies, individual aircraft owners, corporate flight departments, and others in a global community of 100,000+ private aircraft. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, our platform is currently used by owners and operators of 2000+ business jets in over 25 countries. The team is fully distributed, with a product and engineering organization based in Ukraine.
This is a unique opportunity for a UI/UX designer to join a small, experienced, high-energy & friendly entrepreneurial team on what is day one for us and work side-by-side with the founders on building a business. You will be responsible for inspiring our creative direction, establishing design processes, and imagining, conceptualizing and creating detailed, production ready designs for our product (web and mobile), corporate website and the company’s marketing collateral.
- 7+ years of design experience, including experience with end-to-end product design.
- 3+ years of experience in UX design in one of the following roles: UI/UX designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer, Lead Designer in US/European product company
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Experience with design tools Sketch (Figma, or similar), Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must have an online portfolio that shows both product (preferably SaaS, enterprise or complex consumer) and marketing (corporate website, brochures, presentations, infographics) work.
- Product thinking and deep understanding of UX — must be able to explain the thought process behind design decisions.
- Strong visual design skills, familiarity with modern trends, colors and typography.
- Self-motivated – we are a small team & everyone is expected to punch above their weight. Must be comfortable with ambiguity, change of direction, conflicting opinions, etc. – a “take charge, figure it out and get it done” attitude is a must.
- Advanced English skills
- Engineering or design education is a plus
- Understanding of front-end technologies, possibilities & limitations
- Cross-platform and cross-medium design experience (screen & print, web & mobile, Material Design & HID)
- Prefer recent in-house, not design studio experience.
- Must have excellent references for co-workers and supervisors
What we offer:
- competitive compensation
- ability to work remotely anywhere in the European time zone
- flexible schedule and no corporate bureaucracy (but must be available for meetings & phone calls until 22:00 Kiev time 3 days a week).
- holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days
- professional growth opportunities