Technical Product Manager, Integrations
Portside (portside.aero) is a leading provider of modern software solutions for the business aviation industry. Our cloud-based operating system for business and government aviation is designed to support all aspects of flight operations, including flight operations management (Avianis, BART and PFM brands), fleet and crew optimization (Optimizer), data sharing, reporting & analytics (Owner Portal), customer billing (ExpensePulse), crew recruiting (Staffing Marketplace), crew and passenger travel accommodations (TripAssist), and safety management (Baldwin SMS). With 1,000 customers and over 10,000 aircraft on the platform, Portside is the go-to solution for operators of business, government, military, helicopter, charter, fractional and medevac fleets worldwide. We are a team of 150 professionals with a passion for building great products that support one of the most dynamic and rapidly evolving industries.
Seamless internal and external system integrations are at the core of what we do. Our customers use anywhere from 5 to 20 different systems to run their flight operations. Reducing friction by minimizing repetitive data entry is key to the success of our platform. We are looking for a Technical Product Manager, Integrations to own the day-to-day execution of our integrations roadmap. This is a hybrid position – you will be working closely with one of the company’s co-founders and with our VP of Product in our Cary, North Carolina office between 2 and 3 days per week. We will consider candidates with a range of experience and are prepared to train the right person who is smart, ambitious and eager to learn.
- Own the day-to-day execution of the integrations roadmap for several products in our portfolio, including REST and SOAP API integrations, event-driven integrations, direct database connections, streaming data pipelines, CSVs via email, etc.
- Work directly with customers, internal domain experts, and third-party vendors to understand integration use cases, data flows, detailed requirements, and corner cases.
- Write detailed engineering requirements in JIRA and work with engineers on the implementation: answer questions, make product decisions, remove impediments, propose solutions and think through possible exceptions before they are reported by customers.
- Perform pre-release integration testing and troubleshoot reported issues as they arise.
- Serve as the go-to resource for all customer support, product and engineering questions related to integrations.
- Draft integration documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Maintain communication with third-party vendors.
- Assist with integration marketing, including release notes, customer emails, in-product ads, and website case studies.
- Experience working with and an understanding of API documentation, JSON file structure, SQL queries, and API testing using Postman or a similar tool
- Structured logical thinking: able to simplify complex concepts, quickly identify integration problems and bottlenecks, devise workable solutions and communicate clearly both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and run 5-10 projects simultaneously
- Ownership mentality; ability to make decisions under pressure; great analytical and troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ideal candidates have worked as a technical product manager, business analyst, software developer, test engineer or tech support in a complex SaaS/enterprise/B2B setting
- This is a hybrid position, with 2-3 days a week in our office in Cary, North Carolina
- Interest in and/or expertise in private aviation is a plus
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family
- Paid parental leave for eligible new parents
- 401k plan with a company match
- HSA/FSA programs
- 20 days PTO
Interested? Email us at email@example.com.